First Aid at Work (FAW)
The currency and validity of a First Aid at Work Certificate is for a period of 3 years. Towards the end of this period you can register and complete a re-qualification course which covers the content of the full FAW course over 12 hours. If your FAW certificate lapses then you must complete the 3 day course for re-certification.
Topics covered include:
- Role of the First Aider
- Protection from Infection
- Assessing a Casualty
- Manage a Situation Safely
- Dealing with an Unresponsive Casualty including use of AED (Heart Defibrillator)
- Nervous System including Head Injury and Seizures
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Wounds, Bleeding and Shock
- Bones, Joint and Muscle Injuries
- Respiratory Problems and Choking
- Other First Aid Scenarios such as Diabetes, Poisons, Effects of Heat and Cold
Duration:First Aid at Work – 18 hours. Delivered flexibly to meet organisational needs.
Cost: Varies according to mode of delivery.
Validity: On completion receive FAW Certificate valid for 3 years.