Baby and Child First Aid
This course is designed for adults who spend time with babies and children and where there is a possibility they may get injured and/or become unwell.
We find that parents, guardians and extended family members are very keen to gain basic First Aid knowledge and skills. The fact you gain this First Aid knowledge and skills makes you much more confident to manage any potential baby or child emergency.
Topics covered include:
- Identification of accident spots in the home
- Recognition and management of a choking baby/child
- Recovery Position for unresponsive breathing baby/child
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) (unresponsive and non-breathing)
- Use of an AED (Heart Defibrillator) on an infant or child
- Brain disorders including seizures
- Wounds, Bleeding and Shock
- Fractures, sprains and strains
- Burns and Scalds
- Asthma, Meningitis, Febrile Convulsions, Anaphylaxis
Duration: This course can be delivered flexibly from 2 – 4 hours. The topics covered in a 2-hour delivery will include Recovery Position, CPR, Use of AED, Wounds, Bleeding and Shock.
Cost: Varies according to mode of delivery
Validity: On completion you will receive a Baby and Child First Aid Certificate noting your attendance and the subjects covered. Please note this is not a Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) certificated course.