First Aid at Work – Re-Qualification Course
The currency and validity of a First Aid at Work Certificate is for a period of 3 years from the date you completed the course. Towards the end of this period you can register for a Re-Qualification Course. You should attend the Re-Qualification Course towards the end date of your First Aid at Work Certificate. If your First Aid at Work Certificate has actually lapsed there is a period of grace within which you can still complete the Re-Qualification Course. This is normally ONE calendar month from the last day of validity of your First Aid at Work Certificate. It is important to note that you cannot undertake the role of First Aider in the Workplace during this lapse period. The final decision for your suitability to complete the Re-Qualification Course will be taken by Focus Training and Learning
Topics covered include:
- Role of the First Aider
- Recording incidents and actions
- Protection from Infection
- Assess the situation in order to act safely
- Dealing with an Unresponsive Casualty (including seizures)
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) including use of AED (Defibrillator)
- Wounds, Bleeding and Shock
- Bones, Joint and Muscle Injuries (including spinal injuries)
- Injuries to chest, eyes
- Poisoning, anaphylactic shockv
- Minor injuries (small cuts, grazes, bruises, burns, scalds, splinters)
- Major Injuries (Heart attack, stroke, epilepsy, asthma, diabetes)
Duration: 12 hours over 2 days. Delivered flexibly to meet organisational needs.
Cost: Varies according to mode of delivery.
Validity: On completion receive a First Aid at Work Certificate – valid for 3 years.