Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW)
The course provides participants with the skills to give emergency first aid to someone who is injured or becomes ill at work. It is taught in context with general and domestic situations, school and workplace activities and the type of incidents/accidents common to these groups.
Topics covered include:
- Role of the First Aider
- Basic Hygiene in First Aid
- Assess the Situation
- Dealing with an Unresponsive Casualty including use if AED (Heart Defibrillator)
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Wounds, Bleeding and Shock
- Choking and Minor Injuries
Duration: 6 hours.
Cost: Varies according to mode of delivery.
Validity: The EFAW Certificate is valid for 3 years. It is recommended that you complete an Annual Refresher Course to keep your skills up to date.